Keloids Scar Removal +27717813089 Private3 months ago - Services - Midland - 30 views
Keloids are highly visible, exaggerated scars that are particularly common in darker skin. They can develop after surgery, after major skin trauma, or even after very minor skin damage like acne scars. Strangely, they may also develop even if there’s no obvious damage to the skin at all. They are shiny and hairless, feel hard and rubbery and usually occur on the upper chest and shoulders – particularly over the breastbone – and on the earlobes. In people with dark skin they often occur in the beard area and on the scalp.
We are still not quite sure what causes this type of scarring, but we do know the following:
• Dark skinned people are more susceptible to keloids than those with paler skin
• Wounds that are under pressure or get infected while healing are especially likely to develop into keloids as are burn and acne scars
• Keloids are most likely to develop between the ages of 10 and 30
• They are not caught from anyone else
• They carry no risk of cancer
• The tendency to scar in this way can run in families
• They can be caused by chickenpox, acne, minor scratches, surgical incisions, traumatic wounds, vaccination sites, burns
Although keloid scars are not dangerous, they can be itchy and tender or even painful to touch. The emotional impact of these scars, however, is often greater than the physical one as they can cause great distress, particularly in younger patients, and can seriously undermine self-confidence.
Dr Michelle’s Moringa oil treatment for Keloids, depending on the size of the scar. Smaller Keloids are removed quickly.
In both cases the scar will flatten out and should match the color of the surrounding skin, making it much less noticeable. Call/Whatsapp: +27717813089 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org